Home Remedies for Breast Infectionposted by: Dennis
Mastitis is the medical term used to refer to the infection of the breast. Most conditions are usually benign and chances of progressing into inflammatory carcinoma or breast cancer are low. Usually, breast infection happens after the woman has given birth or performing breastfeeding. Moreover, yeast infection in the breast can also be linked as to why a woman experiences this.
Signs and Symptoms of Mastitis
- Mass or lump in the bust area which are generally painful
- Breast pain
- Enlargement of one of the breasts
- Tenderness, swelling, redness, and warmth in the chest area
- Extreme itchiness and pus or abscess in the area of affectation
- Fever and chills as a result of infection’
For the abovementioned symptoms, treatment should be sought immediately to be given antibiotic treatment. However, there are also some home remedies you can perform as you wait for the infection to run its course. Here are some self-help tips you can do.
Breast Infection Natural and Home Remedies
- Continue breastfeeding if you are one as it can actually help fight off infection. Do not worry as this isn’t infectious to your little one will not be affected since your breast milk has immunological factors which protect the baby from acquiring any infections.
- Nipples should be air dried after each feeding as letting it moist opens an avenue for bacteria to feed on them. In addition, the use of cotton undergarments is suggested to absorb sweat and moisture from the breasts.
- Heat application may also be used to alleviate discomfort from the condition.
- You can also increase blood circulation in the breast by massaging it. Doing so allows you to let loose of the clogged milk ducts as well.
- They say eating yogurt can be beneficial in fighting off infection since it contains live microorganisms.
- Steroid and other antifungal creams may be applied on the area of affectation, however be sure to wash your breast before breastfeeding your infant.
- Taking a lot of rest and drinking plenty of fluids will surely help, too. In addition, a diet rich in Vitamin C can aid in speeding up recovery from the problem.
Discomfort from mastitis may take about a day or so, but with the home remedies for breast infection stated above; you’ll be somehow relieved thus being able to enjoy ultimate bonding with your little one.
You might also like