Home Remedies for LBM (Loose Bowel Movement)posted by: Dennis
Loose bowel movement (LBM) is a common term for diarrhea. It refers to the condition wherein there is an increased frequency of bowel movement associated with symptoms of watery and loose stools for more than three times in a day. Diarrhea may be classified as acute and chronic conditions.
Chronic conditions may occur as a result of underlying digestive tract illnesses. Acute cases, on the other hand, are the most cases and may stem from bacterial or viral infections, changes in one’s diet, food poisoning, typhoid fever, cholera, and a lot more.
Diarrhea can be life threatening as it has a high risk for dehydration. In addition, it can be a hindrance in performing your activities of daily living. Here are some of the home remedies for LBM if you’re battling from bouts of it.
Home Treatment for LBM
- Consume the BRAT diet. The BRAT diet consists of bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. Eating these foods can help add bulk thus creating an effect of constipation.
- Prevent dehydration by drinking plenty of fluids particularly water. Electrolytes lost may be replaced by drinking sports drinks.
- Mangoes may be eaten to help reduce diarrhea.
- Another way on how to treat LBM is buttermilk or the residue found after the milk has been churned. A pinch of salt may be added and drank.
- Ginger is another cure for diarrhea caused by indigestion. This helps in eliminating bacteria causing LBM.
- Turmeric consists of antibacterial properties thus helps in getting rid of the causative agent as well as soothing the stomach lining.
- Carrot soup helps bring back minerals lost during the diarrheic episodes.
- A teaspoon of apple cider vinegar taken mixed with a glass of water can be taken with food to put a stop on diarrhea.
- Over the counter medication may also be taken to relieve discomfort caused by the condition. Loperamide is the best medicine which you can take.
The abovementioned tips are just some of the home remedies for LBM. In instances where your diarrhea has become persistent, remember that medical treatment must be sought. Stay healthy!
You might also like