Home Remedies for Severe Menstrual Crampsposted by: Dennis
You’re feeling pain in your lower abdomen and the pain is just too much for you to handle. It’s official, it’s that time of the month and you’re suffering from menstrual cramps. The disorder is otherwise known as dysmennorhea. The occurrences of the condition is said to be due to the release of the prostaglandin hormones during the period of menstruation which then causes the uterus to contact as it shed its lining. Most women suffer from this disorder on the day or before their menstrual cycle or what you call the premenstrual syndrome.
If you’re one who always suffers from premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and menstrual cramps, you know exactly how distressing and painful it is. While analgesics may be among the drug of treatment for the condition, there are also some home remedies for severe menstrual cramps. But prior to that, medical attention should be sought to ensure that severe cramping is not a result of underlying serious medical conditions such as endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disease. Once diagnosis has been ruled out, follow some of our homeopathic and natural remedies to help provide relief in alleviating menstrual cramps. Here’s the list.
Some Dysmennorhea Home Remedies
- Heat application is the most common remedy to ease the condition. You can place a hot water bottle on your abdomen to ensure relief from cramping during menstrual period. Taking a hot shower will definitely help as well.
- Drinking plenty of fluids is also beneficial in removing menstrual spasms.
- A sufferer can benefit a lot in drinking hot tea when cramping in the pelvic muscles is present.
- A piece of ginger boiled in a glass of water is also an effective home remedy for this bad condition.
- Oftentimes, being sedentary can aggravate the condition thus it is suggested that one should exercise to increase the release of endorphins which help in killing pain.
- Having an orgasm, they say, is another method on how to get rid of the annoying pain felt during menstrual period.
- Among the herbal remedies, chamomile tea works in eliminating discomfort from PMS and dysmenorrhea. Two teaspoon of chamomile flowers may be boiled in a cup of boiling water. Drink the solution twice daily.
- Cinnamon is another natural medicine for acute dysmenorrhea. This possesses antispasmodic properties helpful in relieving cramps.
- Vitamin and mineral supplementation is a must during this point. One must also eat food rich in Vitamin B, zinc, calcium, and magnesium to ease cramping.
Menstrual cramps are no fun, and yes just like any other spasm, it can be extremely painful. therefore, follow our tips about home remedies for severe menstrual cramps to get along perfectly with that time of the month.
You might also like
|How to Treat Cramps|
Spasmodic involuntary twitching and contraction of the muscle – that is just among the definitions...
|Lower Back Pain Home Remedies|
Generally, lower back pain may be experienced due to several causes such as the following: Muscle...
|Toothache Home Remedies – How to Stop Toothache|
One agonizing experience that a person may encounter and can make him go nuts is toothache. Apparently,...