How to Cure Hangover Nauseaposted by: Dennis
And so you had too much to drink last night, and found yourself awakening with the headache, dizziness, queasy stomach, diarrhea, nauseous feeling and vomiting which makes it official that you are hung over BIG time. Well, we are all aware that hangovers are a big pain. For instance, nausea, alone, can be a very debilitating after effect of alcohol so maybe then you’re looking for ways on how to cure hangover nausea. Read on to find out.
Home Remedies to Treat Hangover Nausea
As a result of dehydration form too much alcohol intake; you can get rid of this morning-sickness feeling by doing some of the following self-help tips:
- Rest. It is a good way of giving your body time to recover from the night you had.
- Drink plenty of fluids especially water. This can help flush out alcohol in your system. Sports drink such as Gatorade may also be taken to replace electrolytes lost in your body. But keep in mind that you can take small frequent sips when drinking as giving it in one shot causes you be nauseated.
- As part of natural hangover remedies and treatment, ginger tea is advised due to its anti-nausea property. This may be done by putting a few slices of ginger into a glass of hot water. Once it’s steeped you can opt to add sugar to enhance the taste and drink it.
- Eating the correct food can play an important role to treat hangover nausea. It is highly recommended that BRAT diet consisting of bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. These food choices are usually bland which can help in alleviating nauseous feeling, upset stomach, and vomiting. You can also opt for saltine crackers as alternative.
- Foods rich in Vitamin C as well as lime, thyme tea, lemon, and honey may also be taken as cures for the issue.
- As immediate relief, anti-emetic drugs may be ingested as well as anti-diarrheal meds to help provide comfort to the uneasy feeling.
Again, hangovers are no fun. Therefore, the best way to treat it is to avoid it always to happen. But if you must drink, remember to follow the measures given above to be freed from the totally disgusting feeling.
You might also like
|Best Cure for Hangover|
The amount of alcohol that a person can take varies from one individual to another. Some may drink...
|How to Cure a Vodka Hangover|
After a heavy consumption of any alcoholic drinks, something unpleasant comes next – alcohol hangover....
|How to Get Rid of Headache without Medicine|
The severity of headache generally varies depending on the causes. Some causes attributed to it include...