How to Cure Vitiligo Naturallyposted by: Dennis
Oftentimes, when there is insufficient melanin production which gives your skin natural color, it may result to hypopigmentation. The condition includes tinea versicolor, albinism, and vitiligo. As for vitiligo, it talks about the condition of the where symptoms such as irregular white patches cover the skin.
Vitiligo is an autoimmune disease alongside Lupus, Pernicious Anemia, and Addison’s disease. Unfortunately, there isn’t any cure to help put a stop on its occurrence, but there are several treatment available on how to treat the symptoms once your physician has diagnosed your condition. Some of the treatment methods include:
- Application of corticosteroid creams
- Ultraviolet radiation
- Depigmentation Therapy
While these treatment options may be available, suffering patients are still on the quest to looking for how to cure vitiligo naturally. These home remedies may be done together with this medical treatment to further aid in eliminating white patches in the skin. Read them below.
Treat Vitiligo at Home
- Diet modification must be made by the sufferer. Fish should be avoided as well as spicy foods which can aggravate the problem. Opt for fruits and vegetables like spinach, cabbage, mangoes, peaches, etc.
- Herbal remedies such as St. John’s Wort is making a name since it is said to reduce the appearance of white spots on skin. Rub this on the affected area atleast three times a day. Gingko Biloba is an alternative herb.
- Celery can also be applied on skin atleast four times everyday. This contains a high amount of psolaren which is beneficial on how to get rid of the problem.
- Exposure to sunlight may be an alternative remedy, but as part of prevention tips, you must put on sunscreen because people with vitiligo have an increased risk for skin cancer.
- Creams using natural ingredients such as carotenoids and green tea may be applied on skin. They are high in antioxidants thus aiding in skin repigmentation.
Observe the abovementioned remedies just so you could help get rid of the symptoms little by little. Finally, a visit to your doctor will definitely help you plan treatment for your condition.
You might also like