How to Prevent Oily Faceposted by: Dennis
So you’ve taken a bath feeling fresh and thirty minutes after, you look at yourself in the mirror and ask why the hell your face is so oily. Poor you! However, you are not alone in going through that same issue since that’s a common occurrence for every man and woman. Aside from the inconvenience it brings, having oily face creates an avenue to more skin problems thus you need to take measures on how to prevent oily face. But what causes oily skin anyways? Here are some of the contributing factors:
- Hormonal levels
- Use of cosmetics
This very common occurrence especially in teenagers can really mess up your day. And while there are a lot of oily nose and facial skin treatment available such as accutane which can be beneficial to block your sebaceous glands from producing oil, there are a couple of remedies you can do to avoid and get rid of greasy face. Follow our tips below.
Oily Face Prevention Tips
- Never over cleanse your face. Limit washing twice daily as doing so can cause your sebaceous glands to work harder thus producing oilier face.
- Choose facial cleanser that is mild and gentle and which will work well for oily skin. On this note, glycerin soap may be considered to keep your face from being shiny. Stay away from alcohol based cleansers.
- Another prevention tip on how to eliminate or remove oily face is to look for a good moisturizer such as the water-based ones. This can reduce the amount of sebum in the face thus putting a stop on greasy nose and T-zone areas.
- Opt for water-based cosmetics to avoid contributing to the excessive oil production on your facial skin.
- Another way to reduce skin oiliness to apply clay and mud mask.
- Drinking plenty of fluids to keep your skin hydrated and eating a healthy diet are also a must on how to prevent oily face. Ensure that what you eat is rich in protein and less in salt and sugar. Consumption of green leafy vegetables and fruits should also be done.
Having that shiny and greasy face is no fun. It can take all the embarrassment out of you which is why you need to follow the tips mentioned above on how to prevent oily face. Stay grease-free!
You might also like