How to Treat Appendicitis Naturallyposted by: Dennis
The appendix is situated in the right lower quadrant of your abdomen which is why when pain is present in the said area, chances are your appendix may be inflamed or medically known as appendicitis. Apparently, the exact cause why inflammation of the appendix occurs isn’t clear still. However, most doctors associate causes such as the obstruction of feces and food waste in the appendix’s opening cavity. Gastrointestinal and kidney infection may also be among the culprit for its occurrence. Oftentimes, the abdominal pain felt is mistaken for some other conditions such as gall bladder inflammation, kidney stones, ovarian cyst, or hernia. But, take a look at some of the signs and symptoms below to further distinguish it from other conditions.
Signs and Symptoms of Appendicitis
- Right lower quadrant pain which progresses for 6 hours or more
- Fever, low-grade as a result of infection
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Inability to pass flatus
- Loss of appetite
- Swelling and tenderness of the abdomen
How to treat appendicitis? Apparently, the answer to this is through surgical removal of the appendix especially once the affected area has ruptured. Its recovery usually takes up to three weeks. However, some people perform measures on how to treat appendicitis naturally in cases where condition is still mild. Here are some of the natural and home remedies you can do.
How to Cure Appendicitis Naturally
- Once symptoms are felt, stick to bland diet as possible. Allow you appendix to clear toxins from the bowels.
- Drink fluids in minimal amount.
- Rest in your most comfortable position. Keep your body fro being strained more to prevent rupture of the appendix.
- Avoid heat application, although this may help provide relief from abdominal pain. You never know if your appendix is ruptured already and applying heat will definitely contribute to its rupture thus posing complication to the nearby organs.
- Pain relievers shouldn’t be taken as well as these can mask the symptoms which will hinder whether the condition has progressed.
- Consuming a teaspoon of green grams thrice daily is also noted as a cure for mild appendicitis.
- Fruit juices especially apple juices are also helpful in getting rid of the toxins in your body particularly the trapped food waste in your appendix. Consumption of fiber-rich foods and staying away from high-fat foods are also advised.
Follow some of the abovementioned tips on treating appendicitis naturally. However, once the symptoms have gotten out of hand, it is important to seek medical treatment immediately.
You might also like